- Unless otherwise specified, lessons are given at Shetler Studios, 244 W 54th Street, on the 12th Take the stairs up to the Penthouse level and either ask the receptionist or look at the board to locate which room I am in that day.
- I play piano well enough to get through most pieces, and also use instrumental tracks in our lessons. However, if you are preparing a difficult piece for an upcoming audition or performance, you may choose to bring in a professional accompanist to your lesson. I can refer you to a pianist if you are in need of a recommendation.
- For best availability, it is best to schedule your lesson at least a week in advance. I recommend setting up a ‘recurring’ lesson time on my Acuity scheduler to secure a regular lesson time for yourself.
- Lesson rates are $135 per hour, $67.50 per half hour.
STUDIO POLICIES & CANCELLATION
- Payments may be made by cash, Venmo, or check- made out to Chelsea Wilson- no later than the day of the lesson. Skype lessons will be billed to students via PayPal and must be paid within 24 hours of receiving the bill. Neglecting to pay the bill online within that time will result in a $10 late fee.
- For in-person lessons, if you make a cancellation within 48 hours of the lesson, you are responsible for paying the cost of the studio rental fee, which varies from $17 to $22 an hour. This also applies to re-scheduling.
- If you make a cancellation within 24 hours of the lesson, you are responsible for paying the total cost of the lesson.
- Receive 20% off your next lesson for referring a friend! (Students are eligible for discount after the friend has taken one hour’s worth of paid lessons)
- Students are expected to arrive on time and with all necessary materials. This may include sheet music (two copies preferably), a recording device, water, notebook etc. Students are highly encouraged to bring some kind of recording device to record lessons. These recordings are a great tool for practicing during the interim.
- Students should not come in for lessons if they are seriously sick, or have been sick in the few days prior to their lesson. Please contact me ASAP if you feel you will not be able to make your upcoming lesson.
- Setting goals is imperative to improving your voice rapidly. Students are expected to come to each lesson focused on making the most of each minute and exercise.